Biotech/ R&D/ Science
Commensurate with experience and the market standards in Poland
Job Reference Id:
Selvita is a dynamically developing company focused on the research and discovery of breakthrough therapies mainly in the area of oncology. We are currently seeking a talented cancer Bioinformatician who will support our drug discovery projects at different stages of development. The successful candidate will join a large multi-disciplinary team and be tasked with molecular target identification, deciphering the mechanism of action related to a particular therapy, revealing responder-non-responder characteristics and developing novel biomarkers (diagnostic, prognostic or predictive) toward precision medicine in cancer. It will require handling large-scale genomic and proteomics datasets, familiarity with genomic profiling techniques and statistical analysis of a variety of genomic data. The development and/or application of computational algorithms and statistical/machine learning approaches that integrate diverse types of high-throughput molecular data, towards understanding specific cancer networks and their response to therapy, will be needed.
- Degree in Bioinformatics or Life Sciences with a computer science (bioinformatics) background
- Experience of using bioinformatics resources
- Experience of statistical analysis in bioinformatics (statistical analysis of a variety of genomic data/knowledge of statistical scientific methodologies)
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Enjoy working as a team member
- Strong programming skills in R
- Experience in handling Next Generation sequencing data
- Experience in machine learning
- Experience in working and developing tools in a UNIX/LINUX environment
- Understanding of relevant biology and demonstrated initiative to keep up with evolving trends in bioinformatics and genomics
- Background in cancer genetics
- Knowledge and experience with cancer genomics
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
Valid visa with the right to work in Poland or residence permit or possibility of applying for it, is required. We provide pay and benefits that are competitive within the Polish employment market, internal and external trainings, healthcare scheme, 20 or 26 days annual leave according to the Polish labor law plus public holidays, good and welcoming atmosphere. We also have a gym, kindergarten and dining facility on site.
Please send applications to:
Human Resources, Selvita S.A., 14 Bobrzyńskiego St., 30-348 Krakow, Poland
Applicants with a PhD degree are asked to attach a list of their scientific publications to the application.
To find out more about Selvita and other career opportunities at our company please visit:
We kindly ask you to add the following clause to your application: „I hereby express my consent to the processing of my personal data by Selvita S.A. for the purpose of existing recruitment process”.
If you want us to keep the submitted documents also for the purposes of future recruitment processes, we kindly ask you to add the following clause to your application: „I hereby express my consent to the processing of my personal data by Selvita S.A. for the purpose of future recruitment processes for a period of 3 years from the date of submission of this document, in order to analyze them in terms of the recruitment processes carried out in the Selvita Group”.