Biotech/ R&D/ Science
Full Time, Employee
Commensurate with experience and the market standards in Poland
Job Reference Id:
Selvita is a rapidly growing drug discovery company based in Krakow, Poland focused on oncology, CNS and autoimmune disorders. We are currently expanding our biology teams, and are looking for talented scientists and leaders with experience in drug metabolism and pharmacokineticks, bioanalytics and respective research field. Both positions (Senior Scientist/ Team Leader) require hands-on bench biology/ chemistry experience with management and leadership skills being a plus and provide ample room for career development.
We are looking for a highly energetic self-motivated individual to support preclinical development of novel therapeutic compounds. Main responsibilities for these positions are method development and method validation, testing and routinely executing a number of in vitro and ADME assays. These positions are primary laboratory based and we envision that you will spend at least 70%-80% of your time in the lab. These positions are executing both individual research projects as well as participate in larger research initiatives as part of multidisciplinary teams (computational chemists/medicinal chemists/in vitro and in vivo safety and pharmacology specialists etc.)Within these projects you will leverage your primary technical expertise in the area of preclinical in vitro/ in vivo assays. Knowledge of drug metabolism pathways, pharmacokinetics, current and novel therapeutics and/or prior experience in drug discovery and development is highly desired.
- You should have a PhD plus >3 years experience for the Sr. Scientist role, or >5 years experience for the Group Leader position.
- To be considered, you will need to be an accomplished biologist or analytical chemist with a training and/or experience in basic bioanalytical techniques, like LC-MS analysis, HPLC, spectrophotometry, fluorescence. Experience with screening and characterizing small molecule compounds in in vitro biological assays is a plus.
- You have to show ability to carry out high quality science and demonstrate a high level of initiative and independence in performing experiments.
- As the successful candidate will take an important role in in drug discovery projects for which we require high motivation, interpersonal and communication skills.
- The candidate must be multitasking and feel comfortable working in a goal driven drug discovery environment.
What we offer:
- Work in a team of highly-qualified and experienced professionals
- Opportunity for a rapid career development
- Participation in challenging and ambitious projects
- Work in a vibrant and young company
- Selvita is an equal opportunity employer and provides pay and benefits that are competitive comparing to Polish salary standards
Please send applications to:
Human Resources, Selvita S.A., 14 Bobrzyńskiego St., 30-348 Krakow, Poland
Applicants with a PhD degree are asked to attach to the application a list of their scientific publications.
To find out more about Selvita and other opportunities at our company please visit: www.selvita.com