Biotech/ R&D/ Science
Commensurate with experience and the market standards in Poland
Job Reference Id:
Selvita is a rapidly growing drug discovery company based in Krakow, Poland focused on oncology, CNS and autoimmune disorders. We are currently expanding our biology teams, and are looking for talented scientists and leaders with experience in directing a team of biologists and technicians. Both positions combine hands-on bench biology plus management and leadership, and provide ample room for career development.
We are looking for a highly energetic self motivated individual to support preclinical development of novel therapeutic compounds. Main responsibility for this position is method development and method validation, testing and routinely executing a number of in vitro and cellular biological assays. This position is primary laboratory based and we envision that you will spend at least 70% of your time in the lab. You will manage the workload to meet aggressive timelines of a group of 2-4 junior scientists. You will take on both individual research projects as well as participate in larger research initiatives as part of matrix teams. Within these projects you will leverage your primary technical expertise in the area of preclinical in vitro/ in vivo assays. Knowledge of disease models, target pathways, current cancer and CNS therapeutics and/or prior experience in cancer/CNS biology desired.
- You should have a PhD plus 2-4 years experience for the Sr. Scientist role, or 5 years experience for the Group Leader position
- To be considered, you will need to be an accomplished biologist. Training and/or experience in basic molecular biology techniques like cell culture, cytotoxicity and proliferation assays, Western blot and ELISA, protein based in vitro activity assays is a must. Experience with screening and characterizing inhibitors of cellular pathways is a plus
- You have to show ability to carry out high quality science and demonstrate a high level of initiative and independence in performing experiments
- As the successful candidate will take a role of team leader in drug discovery projects we require strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- The candidate must be flexible, multitasking and feel comfortable working in goal driven drug discovery environment
What we offer:
- Work in a team of highly-qualified and experienced professionals
- Opportunity for a rapid career development
- Participation in challenging and ambitious projects
- Work in a vibrant and young company
- Selvita is an equal opportunity employer and provides pay and benefits that are competitive comparing to Polish salary standards
Please send applications to:
Human Resources, Selvita S.A., 14 Bobrzyńskiego St., 30-348 Krakow, Poland
Applicants with a PhD degree are asked to attach to the application a list of their scientific publications.
To find out more about Selvita and other opportunities at our company please visit our website.
We kindly ask you to add the following clause to your application: „I hereby express my consent to the processing of my personal data by Selvita S.A. for the purpose of existing recruitment process”.
If you want us to keep the submitted documents also for the purposes of future recruitment processes, we kindly ask you to add the following clause to your application: „I hereby express my consent to the processing of my personal data by Selvita S.A. for the purpose of future recruitment processes for a period of 3 years from the date of submission of this document, in order to analyze them in terms of the recruitment processes carried out in the Selvita Group”.