Job location: Cracow
Ref no.: SEL/073
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated Senior Scientists with demonstrated expertise in epigenetics and cancer biology to join our R&D Biology Department and support Selvita’s drug discovery projects.
- PhD with preferably 2+ years of experience.
- Prior industrial or relevant academic experience is required.
- Previous experience in the fields of molecular biology and/or cancer biology is required.
- Expertise in chromatin biology, epigenetics and mechanism of transcriptional regulation as evidenced by publication in peer-reviewed journals.
- Technical expertise with mammalian cell culture (essential), standard molecular biology techniques like ELISA, Western Blot, qPCR, as well as cytotoxicity, proliferation, apoptotic and cellular reporter system assays is required.
- Expertise with flow cytometry, cytokine release, cytotoxicity and proliferation assays is strongly preferred.
- Experience in working with cell lines and cell-based assays in microplate format (experience with 3D assays will be a plus).
- Practical experience with analysis software such as FlowJo, GraphPad Prism, Excel is strongly preferred.
- Ability to manage large amounts of data and to supervise less experienced scientists/research assistants.
- Willingness to learn and adopt new experimental techniques.
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English is essential.
- Utilizing expertise in epigenetic biology to develop innovative strategies for understanding the role of epigenetic mechanisms in cancer.
- Proactively seeking out new information in the literature and incorporate this into individual project(s) as well as the overall program.
- Presenting research results and methodologies at weekly meetings with immediate supervisor and/or project leader, project team meetings and other research forums.
- Developing and performing complex in vitro assays for target validation and secondary functional pharmacology assays.
- Mentoring and supervising of junior team members by providing scientific expertise and sharing the technical skills.
What we offer:
- Work in a team of highly-qualified and experienced professionals.
- Opportunity for a rapid career development.
- Participation in challenging and ambitious projects.
- Package of benefits: private medical healthcare, Multisport Card, lunch subsidies, days with fruits, language classes refund.
- Possibility to take part in sports activities.
- Access to attractive infrastructure: fitness and spa zone in the building.
If you are interested please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with subjects: SEL/073, SENIOR SCIENTIST, TARGETED THERAPIES, ONCOLOGY (R&D DEPARTMENT).
We kindly ask you to add the following clause to your application: „I hereby express my consent to the processing of my personal data by Selvita S.A. for the purpose of existing recruitment process”.
If you want us to keep the submitted documents also for the purposes of future recruitment processes, we kindly ask you to add the following clause to your application: „I hereby express my consent to the processing of my personal data by Selvita S.A. for the purpose of future recruitment processes for a period of 3 years from the date of submission of this document, in order to analyze them in terms of the recruitment processes carried out in the Selvita Group”.