Job location: Cracow
Ref no.: SEL/069
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated Senior Scientists with demonstrated expertise in cell-based assay development and screening to join our Core Assay Development & Screening Unit within R&D Biology Department and support Selvita’s drug discovery projects.
Your main tasks on the position will be:
- Planning and supervising experimental activities of the team members, related to cell-based assay development, screening and profiling of small molecules
- Evaluation of the novel cell-based screening initiatives for implementation into the group portfolio• Assay miniaturization to 384-well / 1536-well format
- Design and implementation of key in vitro pharmacology experiments for low-throughput compound profiling (efficacy, selectivity, mechanism of action)
- Statistical analysis, reporting and critical data evaluation for providing scientific contribution to internal drug discovery projects
- Mentoring and supporting of junior team members by providing scientific expertise and sharing the technical skills
Your background should include:
- MSc in pharmacology, molecular biology, biotechnology or similar discipline with minimum 4 years of experience in biotech/pharma setting or PhD in relevant biological sciences (2+ years of experience in drug discovery company preferred)
- Good knowledge of in vitro pharmacology concepts with the strong focus on at least one of the following areas: intracellular signaling, cancer metabolism, immunology
- Experience in working with cell lines and cell-based assays in microplate format (experience with 3D assays will be a plus)
- Analytical and problem solving skills with proven troubleshooting experience
- Well-developed multitasking, flexibility and team working skills
- Fluency in English
- Good knowledge of MS Office suite
- Strong scientific presentation and interpersonal communication skills
- Prior experience with mid-to-high throughput screening, liquid handling devices and lab automation will be a plus
What we offer:
- Work in a team of highly-qualified and experienced professionals
- Opportunity for a rapid career development
- Participation in challenging and ambitious projects
- Package of benefits: private medical healthcare, Multisport Card, lunch subsidies, days with fruits, language classes refund
- Possibility to take part in sports activities
- Access to attractive infrastructure: fitness and spa zone in the building
If you are interested please send your CV to email@example.com. Please add to subject line referral number SEL/069, SENIOR SCIENTIST / TEAM LEADER – ASSAY DEVELOPMENT AND SCREENING GROUP
We kindly ask you to add the following clause to your application: „I hereby express my consent to the processing of my personal data by Selvita S.A. for the purpose of existing recruitment process”.
If you want us to keep the submitted documents also for the purposes of future recruitment processes, we kindly ask you to add the following clause to your application: „I hereby express my consent to the processing of my personal data by Selvita S.A. for the purpose of future recruitment processes for a period of 3 years from the date of submission of this document, in order to analyze them in terms of the recruitment processes carried out in the Selvita Group”.
To find out more about Selvita and other opportunities at our company please visit our website.