Ref no.: SEL/046
As a Senior Scientist in Cell and Molecular Biology Service Department, You’ll play a vital role in the Drug Discovery processes based on Structure-Activity Relationship studies or testing of drug substances and products in the GMP environment for biotech and pharma companies from Europe, USA and the rest of the world.
You’ll be working in a friendly and collaborative environment created by open-minded people, always ready for new challenges that new projects can bring, with an everyday opportunity to exchange knowledge with experienced members of the team. The variety of projects we run offers an opportunity to profile career path in an interesting and diverse way.
We are looking for Individuals having a solid experience in the fields of biochemistry, molecular and cell biology with strong professional competences, open for a variety of experiences, with excellent communication skills and willingness to share and exchange their know-how.
- Utilizing expertise in various types of projects mainly related to biochemical and cell-based assay development and routine testing of small molecule and protein drug candidates
- Proactively seeking out new information in the literature and incorporate this into individual projects as well as the overall program
- Presenting research results and methodologies at weekly meetings with immediate supervisor and project leader, project team meetings and other research forums
- Mentoring and supervising of junior team members by providing scientific expertise and sharing the technical skills
- PhD with preferably 2+ years of experience
- Prior industrial or relevant academic experience
- Previous experience in the fields of molecular biology and/or cancer biology
- Expertise in assay development in the area of Drug Discovery (biochemical, enzymatic, coupled, cell-based assays)• Expertise in assay optimization and validation in GMP (e.g. for batch release testing)
- Technical expertise with mammalian cell culture (essential), standard molecular biology techniques like ELISA, Western Blot, qPCR, as well as cytotoxicity, proliferation, apoptotic and cellular reporter system assays
- Expertise with flow cytometry, cytokine release, cytotoxicity and proliferation assays is strongly preferred
- Experience in working with cell lines and cell-based assays in microplate format (experience with 3D assays will be a plus)
- Expertise in working in GxP environment is preferred
- Practical experience with analysis software such as FlowJo, GraphPad Prism, Excel is strongly preferred
- Ability to manage large amounts of data and to supervise less experienced scientists/research assistants
- Willingness to learn and adopt new experimental techniques
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English
What we offer:
- Training program enabling scientific development: Peer to Peer Academy, scientific lectures, participation in conferences
- Extensive research facilities and modern laboratories
- Daily cooperation and know-how exchange with an experienced research team
- Non-wage benefits: private medical care, Multisport card, co-financing for meals, English language courses in the company
- Possibility to participate in sports activities (football, volleyball) and access to attractive sports infrastructure: gym and sauna in the building
- Long-term cooperation based on stable employment conditions
If you are interested please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with referral number SEL/046 SENIOR SCIENTIST – CELL AND MOLECULAR BIOLOGY (SERVICE DEPARTMENT).
We kindly ask you to add the following clause to your application: „I hereby express my consent to the processing of my personal data by Selvita S.A. for the purpose of existing recruitment process”.
If you want us to keep the submitted documents also for the purposes of future recruitment processes, we kindly ask you to add the following clause to your application: „I hereby express my consent to the processing of my personal data by Selvita S.A. for the purpose of future recruitment processes for a period of 3 years from the date of submission of this document, in order to analyze them in terms of the recruitment processes carried out in the Selvita Group”.