Job location: Cracow
Ref no.: SEL/076
We are looking for a Medicinal Chemistry Associate Director, which is a senior scientific role working closely with leadership of R&D department at Selvita.
Our internal project portfolio is focused on development of breakthrough therapies in the area of oncology. Apart from clinical/preclinical stage projects, Selvita has a broad portfolio of projects in early discovery in immune-oncology, immunometabolism and cancer metabolism, as well as epigenetics performed independently or in collaboration with global pharma and biotech companies.
In this role, you will provide guidance in medicinal chemistry and support the development of our projects focused mainly on identification of small molecule therapeutics.
We are looking for Individual having an excellent and broad ranging expertise in medicinal chemistry and drug discovery with excellent communication skills.
Key responsibilities highlights are:
- Managing a group of medicinal chemists
- Developing and prioritizing medicinal chemistry strategies within projects to overcome challenging drug discovery issues in order to identify high-quality drug candidates
- Enabling multifactorial optimization (including biological activity, phys-chem, ADME/PK, pharmacology and safety) into medicinal chemistry strategies
- Fostering an updated synthetic organic chemistry skillset in the group and striving for excellence
- Streamlining chemistry processes to reduce cycle time from NCE design to compounds screening
- Working in a matrix environment and collaborating with given Therapeutic Platform & R&D Management team to provide rigorous scientific quality and strategic guidance to support pipeline progression
- Supporting Therapeutic Platform by analysing drug-ability for new targets
- Representing Selvita in external/internal meetings and scientific conferences
- Reporting to the R&D Chemistry Director
Your background should include:
- Ph.D. in medicinal chemistry or organic chemistry
- 10 years of post-educational experience in drug discovery environment, preferably in a large biotech or medium/large Pharma
- Mastering of medicinal chemistry principles and their application within drug discovery environment
- Managerial experience in leading a group of chemists
- Experience in Hit to Lead and Lead optimization phases
- Proven track record of leading medicinal chemistry efforts in all aspects of drug discovery process from target discovery through candidate selection, in particular:
- Expert knowledge of modern synthetic organic chemistry
- Familiarity with the modern computational chemistry approaches
- Awareness of modern screening technologies
- Good understanding of in vitro and in vivo pharmacokinetics
- Understanding of PK/PD relationships
- Familiarity with compound safety screening cascade and evaluation
- Ability to quickly identify necessary and key activities for execution of medicinal chemistry strategy in projects based on effective data analysis and hands on experience
- A strong desire to succeed in cross functional teams to establish productive collaborations
- Record of successfully provided scientific solutions to challenging problem
- Self-starter and strategic thinker
- Fluent written/spoken English
- Opportunity for rapid career development
- Participation in challenging and ambitious projects
- Package of benefits: private medical healthcare, Multisport Card, lunch subsidies, days with fruits, language classes refund
- Possibility to take part in sports activities
- Access to attractive infrastructure: fitness and spa zone in the building
- Work in a dynamic Company with high perspective of growth and operating in innovative business sector
If you are interested please send your CV to email@example.com with subject line SEL/076 Associate Director – Medicinal Chemistry.
We kindly ask you to add the following clause to your application: „I hereby express my consent to the processing of my personal data by Selvita S.A. for the purpose of existing recruitment process”.
If you want us to keep the submitted documents also for the purposes of future recruitment processes, we kindly ask you to add the following clause to your application: „I hereby express my consent to the processing of my personal data by Selvita S.A. for the purpose of future recruitment processes for a period of 3 years from the date of submission of this document, in order to analyze them in terms of the recruitment processes carried out in the Selvita Group”.