Job location: Cracow/Poznan
Ref no.: SEL/050
As a Medicinal Chemist you’ll play a vital role in the process of drug discovery projects, helping to create new and more effective medicines. Using a range of chemistry techniques and data analysis tools, you’ll design and create new pharmaceutically active molecules to combat a particular disease or condition.
You’ll be working in a collaborative environment within a project team of scientists to understand and interpret biological testing of the compounds that have been created. You’ll also analyze the results of these tests to improve molecules until there is sufficient evidence that the selected molecule can be efficacious and safe for testing in people.
We are looking for Individuals having an excellent understanding of modern methodologies in drug discovery with excellent communication skills, who are creative, enthusiastic and able to work effectively in an international discovery team environment. We also expect that Senior Medicinal Chemists would be able to lead multidisciplinary project teams.
Main tasks on the position:
- Provision of expert advice regarding screening, cascade, establishment and planning the work of synthetic chemists
- Interactions with colleagues representing diverse scientific disciplines such as chemistry, biology, pharmacology, DMPK and molecular modeling to facilitate project progression
- Data collection, analysis, writing reports and giving presentations at project meetings
- Liaising with partners and clients and responding to queries about the research progress
- Offering support to the Selvita marketing team during teleconferences and in-person meetings with the Clients
- Senior medicinal chemist could manage multidisciplinary project teams through hit to lead and lead optimization phases up to clinical candidate nomination
- A MSc degree in medicinal chemistry or organic chemistry (PhD degree is required for the Senior Medicinal Chemist position)
- A minimum of 5 years’ post educational experience working in the drug discovery environment, preferably in a large biotech or medium/large Pharma company
- Experience in the drug discovery process from hit-to-lead, lead optimization, up to the stage of clinical candidate nomination, in particular:
- Deep knowledge of modern synthetic organic chemistry
- Familiarity with the modern computational chemistry approaches
- Understanding of biological basis of compounds activity for selected indications
- Awareness of modern screening technologies
- Good understanding of in vitro and in vivo pharmacokinetic principles
- Experience in correlating pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic properties of a compound
- Familiarity with in vitro and in vivo safety testing of NCEs
- For the Senior Medicinal Chemist position a track record of a drug discovery integrated project management including medicinal chemistry, computational chemistry, DMPK, biology (cellular and molecular) and in vitro/vivo pharmacology
- Fluent in written/spoken English
What we offer:
- Work in a team of highly-qualified and experienced professionals
- Participation in challenging and ambitious projects
- Work in a dynamic Company with high perspective of growth and operating in innovative business sector
- Package of benefits: private medical healthcare, Multisport Card, lunch subsidies, days with fruits, language classes refund
- Possibility to take part in sports activities
- Access to attractive facilities: fitness and spa zone in the building
If you are interested please send your CV to email@example.com with referral number SEL/050, Medicinal Chemist/Senior Medicinal Chemist.
We kindly ask you to add the following clause to your application: „I hereby express my consent to the processing of my personal data by Selvita S.A. for the purpose of existing recruitment process”.
If you want us to keep the submitted documents also for the purposes of future recruitment processes, we kindly ask you to add the following clause to your application: „I hereby express my consent to the processing of my personal data by Selvita S.A. for the purpose of future recruitment processes for a period of 3 years from the date of submission of this document, in order to analyze them in terms of the recruitment processes carried out in the Selvita Group”.