Job location: Cracow
Ref no.: SEL/039
As a Scientist – Crystallographer in Services Department, You’ll play a vital role in elucidating high-resolution structures of diverse proteins and their complexes using X-ray crystallography, bringing crucial information for the rational design of active molecules in the Drug Discovery and Industrial Processes at biotech and pharma companies from Europe, USA and the rest of the world.
You’ll be working in a dynamic, friendly and collaborative environment created by open-minded people, always ready for new challenges that new projects can bring, with an everyday opportunity to exchange knowledge with experienced members of the team.
The variety of projects we run offers an opportunity to profile career path in an interesting and diverse way.
We are looking for Individuals having a solid experience in the fields of macromolecular X-ray crystallography, biochemistry and biophysics. Motivated Candidates with strong professional competences, excellent communication skills, and willingness to exchange their knowledge and expertise are encouraged to apply.
- Responsibility for structural analysis of proteins complexed with small molecule ligands/fragments by X-ray crystallography
- Responsibility for the production of recombinant proteins for crystallization purposes and crystallization
- Preparation of crystals for measurements and solving and analysis of protein structures
- Higher education or doctorate in the field of biological/chemical sciences
- Experience in working with the production of recombinant proteins in E. coli or BEVS
- Experience in purifying high-quality protein preparations for crystallization purposes (chromatographic methods, fractionation)
- Experience in the analysis of purity and homogeneity of protein preparations
- Experience in the process of protein crystallization with ligands/fragments
- Experience in the process of solving and structural analysis of proteins by X-ray crystallography, the ability to handle programs from the CCP4 and XDS package
What we offer:
- Training program enabling scientific development: Peer to Peer Academy, scientific lectures, participation in conferences
- Extensive research facilities and modern laboratories
- Daily cooperation and know-how exchange with an experienced research team
- Non-wage benefits: private medical care, Multisport card, co-financing for meals, English language courses in the company
- Possibility to participate in sports activities (football, volleyball) and access to attractive sports infrastructure: gym and sauna in the building
- Long-term cooperation based on stable employment conditions
If you are interested please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with referral number SEL/039 Crystallographer (Services Department).
We kindly ask you to add the following clause to your application: „I hereby express my consent to the processing of my personal data by Selvita S.A. for the purpose of existing recruitment process”.
If you want us to keep the submitted documents also for the purposes of future recruitment processes, we kindly ask you to add the following clause to your application: „I hereby express my consent to the processing of my personal data by Selvita S.A. for the purpose of future recruitment processes for a period of 3 years from the date of submission of this document, in order to analyze them in terms of the recruitment processes carried out in the Selvita Group”.