The Summer Internship program at Selvita is dedicated to students who want to acquire their first hands-on professional experience. Many Interns decide to return to Selvita after graduation and continue their career with us. This year our internship program is focused on Organic and Medicinal Chemistry. You can apply for an internship either in Kraków or Poznań.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for ambitious, passionate candidates who are ready to use their knowledge to get ands-on experience working in a chemistry lab. An essential background of the candidates involves:
- An undergraduate student status (minimum 4th year completed)
- Field of study focused on organic or medicinal chemistry
- Availability for a 3-month internship (July 01 to September 31, 2021), with a minimum availability of 20 hours per week (40 hours per week are preferred)
If your profile matches all of the three criteria above, please apply here: https://selvita.com/job-offer/?career_id=171
What do we offer?
- Chance to gain practical experience working in a chemistry lab, under the guidance of expert mentors
- Paid internship with a regulated legal form (internship agreement)
- Flexible schedule – you should spend from 20 to 40 hours per week in a lab, depending on your availability
What does the recruitment timeline look like in 2021?
- March 01 – May 30: we’re collecting applications
- April 01 – June 11: recruitment process that consists of two stages:
- Stage I – an online organic chemistry knowledge test
- Stage II – an online recruitment meeting with representatives of the selected chemistry team
- By June 15, all applicants will receive the decision, and if you’re the lucky one, together with an internship offer
- July 01: start of the internship
What if you’re a Graduate?
If you are a Graduate, you can apply for the Scientist roles available on our website. Fresh Graduates can count on a comprehensive path of professional development with a lot of support from our side!
Can I re-participate in the internship program if I have already been an intern at Selvita?
If you are a graduate, we would prefer to welcome you as a regular employee. Please apply for the Scientist roles available on our website!
Do you cooperate with student organizations that organize internships and apprenticeships?
Yes, if the program includes a 3-month availability for the internship on your side.
Can I fulfill at Selvita my mandatory practices delegated by the university?
Only if those assume your availability for 3-month practice. If shorter, unfortunately, there is no possibility to implement such practices at Selvita.
May I apply for the internship if I am student at foreign university?
Yes – foreign students are also welcome at Selvita.
Will I get a certificate after completing the internship?
Yes – certificates are available upon request.
Are interns entitled to remuneration and non-wage benefits? What is the form of cooperation?
Internship entitles you to salary, but non-wage benefits are dedicated to our regular employees. The form of cooperation is a civil contract (“umowa zlecenie”).
What is the chance to stay with the company after the internship is finished?
The chance is very high. Many of our former Interns decided to stay with Selvita for a longer time, even during the academic year or they came back after graduation, to work as regular Scientists.
Can a CV also be submitted personally at the company’s offices?
No, due to state of pandemic we accept only online applications.